Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon PIXMA IP8750 won't show in printers & scanners

Hi,

I am running macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 and I wanted to add my Canon PIXMA IP8750 phot printer. It always worked like a charm but all printers vanished from the setting after the upgrade to bigSur. There are according drivers that also state compatibiliwith big sur (see here: https://www.canon.de/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_ip_series/pixma_ip8750.html?type=drivers&driverdetailid=tcm:83-1135634&os=macos%2011.0%20%28big%20sur%29&language=de)

and I also did try to reset the printer settings already. But the instsallation seems to work fine but the printer won't show up. What can I do?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 12:18 PM

The Canon Pixma IP-8750, when networked, is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint drivers and there is no need for Canon driver downloads. When one visits System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and right-click on the 8750 printer, you would then select Reset printing system… which would allow you to re-add the printer. You would then select AirPrint instead of the Canon drivers for this device, and re-add the printer.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2021 12:18 PM in response to orkomedix

The Canon Pixma IP-8750, when networked, is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint drivers and there is no need for Canon driver downloads. When one visits System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and right-click on the 8750 printer, you would then select Reset printing system… which would allow you to re-add the printer. You would then select AirPrint instead of the Canon drivers for this device, and re-add the printer.

Canon PIXMA IP8750 won't show in printers & scanners

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.