Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

canon ipf8300 8300 printer not working after firmwareupdate

Is there any way I could get my ipf8300 8300 printer to work with mac again? I only get "filter failed" after updating firmware and driver seems not supported to catalina. Canon says no. The printer is 10 years its only to through away. That is such a waste since the printer is working. Nozzle check is ok. But communication is not working. Should never had updated firmware. Please help on what to do. I have tried also windows machine ang a mini mac with big sur and the other newer os. Not connection. Its a 6000$ machine, not much used, and just to put in recycling? To bad.

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 4:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 6:54 AM

tifure wrote:

Is there any way I could get my ipf8300 8300 printer to work with mac again? I only get "filter failed" after updating firmware and driver seems not supported to catalina. Canon says no. The printer is 10 years its only to through away. That is such a waste since the printer is working. Nozzle check is ok. But communication is not working. Should never had updated firmware. Please help on what to do. I have tried also windows machine ang a mini mac with big sur and the other newer os. Not connection. Its a 6000$ machine, not much used, and just to put in recycling? To bad.

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 6:54 AM in response to tifure

tifure wrote:

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

canon ipf8300 8300 printer not working after firmwareupdate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.