Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Slo Mo in iMovie

When I drag my clips from my event to my timeline in iMovie they instantly change to slo motion, even though I never changed the speed/duration. Also, I can’t change the clips back from slow motion to regular speed. They are just stuck. Any thoughts?

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 12:56 PM

Go to iMovie/Preferences and uncheck the box that says "apply slow motion automatically". You should do this before creating the project.

If "apply slow motion automatically" is checked, and you have 60 fps clips mixed in with 30 fps clips, iMovie will automatically slow mo the 60 fps clips to even out the speed.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2021 12:56 PM in response to zricefilms

Go to iMovie/Preferences and uncheck the box that says "apply slow motion automatically". You should do this before creating the project.

If "apply slow motion automatically" is checked, and you have 60 fps clips mixed in with 30 fps clips, iMovie will automatically slow mo the 60 fps clips to even out the speed.

-- Rich

Problem with Slo Mo in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.