Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook 12 inch keyboard

Dear all,

I have a dispute with service center about is my case covered by Apple Warranty for Butterfly Keyboard or not.

May be someone could take a look at my keys photo and advise are there any membrane damages or not? The thing is I can not find any photos of keys with explanation.

MacBook

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 12:39 PM

We are not Apple employees here. Regardless of what photos you provide us (you didn't provide any,) we are not "qualified" to verify anything about your MacBook's keyboard issue. Only an Apple technician can make that determination ... and it sounds like they did. If you are not satisfied with what they provided you, I suggest you contact the manager of the service center and see if they can help get this resolved for you.

The following is the Apple service program for Mac notebook keyboards for your reference:

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2021 12:39 PM in response to nastya_knp

We are not Apple employees here. Regardless of what photos you provide us (you didn't provide any,) we are not "qualified" to verify anything about your MacBook's keyboard issue. Only an Apple technician can make that determination ... and it sounds like they did. If you are not satisfied with what they provided you, I suggest you contact the manager of the service center and see if they can help get this resolved for you.

The following is the Apple service program for Mac notebook keyboards for your reference:

Aug 12, 2021 6:36 PM in response to nastya_knp

If you are willing to qualify to a Service Program you need to head directly to Apple or an AASP, because they are the only ones who can process Apple parts. Third-party service providers can do diagnostics but they cannot handle official Apple parts for a Service Program.

Also something to have in mind -> "The program covers eligible MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit"

MacBook 12 inch keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.