MacBook Pro 2017 keyboard sticking and battery not good anymore. Bought it in 2019 in the Netherlands and at another store (not Apple Store) will there still be a guarantee it will be fixed for free?

MacBook Pro 2017 touchpad sticking and battery not good anymore. The models are very thin and I heard that there are a lot of problems with the keyboard. Bought it in august 2019 in the Netherlands and at another store (not Apple Store) will there still be a guarantee it will be fixed for free? Do I need to go to Apple Store or the store I bought the MacBook?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 6:05 AM

romy257 wrote:

MacBook Pro 2017 touchpad sticking and battery not good anymore. The models are very thin and I heard that there are a lot of problems with the keyboard.
Bought it in august 2019 in the Netherlands and at another store (not Apple Store) will there still be a guarantee it will be fixed for free? Do I need to go to Apple Store or the store I bought the MacBook?

Thank you.

Take it it in and see what they say...

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Ref:

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Get help with your Mac laptop battery - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 6:05 AM in response to romy257

romy257 wrote:

MacBook Pro 2017 touchpad sticking and battery not good anymore. The models are very thin and I heard that there are a lot of problems with the keyboard.
Bought it in august 2019 in the Netherlands and at another store (not Apple Store) will there still be a guarantee it will be fixed for free? Do I need to go to Apple Store or the store I bought the MacBook?

Thank you.

Take it it in and see what they say...

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Ref:

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Get help with your Mac laptop battery - Apple Support

MacBook Pro 2017 keyboard sticking and battery not good anymore. Bought it in 2019 in the Netherlands and at another store (not Apple Store) will there still be a guarantee it will be fixed for free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.