Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop preference continually reverts back to “Receiving Off”

Tried sending a photo from an iPhone to my iPad, both running iOS 14.7.1 with no success. Checked settings in both and found that in my iPad, the AirDrop setting has “Receiving Off” checked. When I check either of the other two options, it continually reverts back to off, even though it says “Everyone” in the Control Center. Why can’t I get “Everyone” to be persistent? How do I fix this?

Your help is most appreciated!

Ralph

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 9:44 AM

Hello RalphTomaccio,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are looking for some help with using AirDrop on your iPhone. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To start, do you know if this issue is only happening on your device, or is this happening to the other device you are trying to AirDrop to as well? There might be an issue if you have restrictions set on the device you are experiencing this problem with. If you check in Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, do you have that enabled?

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If there aren't any restrictions turned on, try doing a hard reset on the iPad by following the guidance outlined here:

Restart iPad

Keep us updated on how it goes. We hope this information helps.

Cheers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2021 9:44 AM in response to RalphTomaccio

Hello RalphTomaccio,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are looking for some help with using AirDrop on your iPhone. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To start, do you know if this issue is only happening on your device, or is this happening to the other device you are trying to AirDrop to as well? There might be an issue if you have restrictions set on the device you are experiencing this problem with. If you check in Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, do you have that enabled?

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If there aren't any restrictions turned on, try doing a hard reset on the iPad by following the guidance outlined here:

Restart iPad

Keep us updated on how it goes. We hope this information helps.

Cheers.

AirDrop preference continually reverts back to “Receiving Off”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.