Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone taking two screenshots

Every time I take a screenshot it takes the screen I’m trying to screenshot and an extra screen…it’s like my homepage but half of it …

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 11:28 AM

Hello, jelissa225!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're takibng a screenshot with your iPhone, but also seeing a second screenshot. If the screenshot you provided is the second one, are you taking the screenshot when your iOhoen is connected to your vehicle? The screenshot you p[rovided looks to be one of the CarPlay system. Does this happen when you are not connected to a vehicle?

Keep us posted and take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2021 11:28 AM in response to jelissa225

Hello, jelissa225!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're takibng a screenshot with your iPhone, but also seeing a second screenshot. If the screenshot you provided is the second one, are you taking the screenshot when your iOhoen is connected to your vehicle? The screenshot you p[rovided looks to be one of the CarPlay system. Does this happen when you are not connected to a vehicle?

Keep us posted and take care!

iPhone taking two screenshots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.