Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Maps Location Sharing OFFLINE

I share my location via Google Maps but when they look for my location using Google Maps application on their android phone, unless I open my Google Maps App, it will never update my location info.

This despite my phone is NEVER offline. I did all the setup on my iphone (12 Mini), making sure the Background app refresh is on, Location is always on for Google Maps, etc.

All settings have been checked so please don't go through the basics like "turn on air plane mode, wait a couple of seconds and then turn off airplane mode, switch off the iphone and then turn on again, soft reset your iphone, updating google maps to latest version, updating ios to latest version".

Any other suggestion will be helpful.

Thanks.

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 4:59 AM

Thanks but I followed their step-by-step https://guidebooks.google.com/iphone/maps/how-to-share-google-maps-location-iphone and after that I asked their support but you can imagine their answer... Please contact your phone support....

2 replies

Google Maps Location Sharing OFFLINE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.