Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing photos on iPhone 6 with fried touch chip

Well the above title says it all, tried to repair my iphone 6 Plus back when it was the newest iPhone - that led me to shorting the pins out for the digitizer thus ruining the chip in control of touch or the connector itself. I verified this by buying a new replacement screen and installed it very carefully and still no touch control. This has led the phone to be on standby until I found the time and tools for me to unlock it with a normal keyboard which happened today 4 years later. But to my greatest disappointment I need to press trust this computer to get my pictures over to my mac.

So Im asking this question since I'm out of options for now

Do I have other possibilities or are my Highschool photos forever lost?

If nothing else i'm prepared to get the phone to someone who can desolder the memory chips and read the data directly from it. Just to put into perspective how important it is I get these photos. Thanks in advance!

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 8:37 AM

From your post, I guess that you neither have an iCloud or iTunes backup.

If I were you and the photos are important to me then I would take my device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support:

You may also try the same...

Find Locations - Location Selector - Apple

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support 

Get a Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Contact Genius Bar.

Manage Reservations - My Reservations - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2021 8:37 AM in response to christianfromhobro

From your post, I guess that you neither have an iCloud or iTunes backup.

If I were you and the photos are important to me then I would take my device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support:

You may also try the same...

Find Locations - Location Selector - Apple

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support 

Get a Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Contact Genius Bar.

Manage Reservations - My Reservations - Apple

Accessing photos on iPhone 6 with fried touch chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.