Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 16" kernel panics, slow performance, Adobe problems....

macOS Big Sur Version 11.5.2

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Processor: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Startup Disk: macOS

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Problems occurring since updating to Big Sur...

• Computer randomly restarts because of a panic
  • Computer does a kernel panic and shuts down when plugging in to a 4k monitor through a docking station or directly into computer (occasionally it won't panic and shut down immediately and instead wait 10-15 minutes until I'm in the middle of a project)
  • Overall lagging in apps such as Safari, iMessage, Outlook, Slack, etc. Everything. LAGS.

Hours on the phone with Adobe support - no change in performance in any Adobe apps.

Hours on the phone with Apple support - no change in MacBook performance.

All my editing staff have the same model MBP - all have similar issues since upgrading to Big Sur.

This is insane. Any workarounds y'all have found?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 3:19 PM

Hi,

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that might help > Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple SupportUse safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Other than that, check the hard drive > How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 14, 2021 3:42 AM in response to AbbyCollida

same problem with me, my imac has lagging, cpu drop to 0.8 Ghz, fan crazy running over the limit 3600 rpm almost 3 month every time I watching youtube or connect external monitor.

the problem solve few day ago from this community after phillip member here give a clue... just check air ventilation of your mac , maybe dust block your mac airflow.

I vacuum my Imac, and everything back to normal, I feel like new imac, now when I running adobe and watching youtube, browsing over 15 tab reference for my job, use external monitor, the imac's fan never reach 2000 rpm. very quiet.

Aug 14, 2021 4:06 AM in response to AbbyCollida

Etrecheck

Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a Trusted Developer and well Respected ASC Contributor. The application is free or paid from added features. Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ). It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software. The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

Macbook Pro 16" kernel panics, slow performance, Adobe problems....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.