Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro suddenly crashing

My 2015 15" Macbook Pro is suddenly crashing repeatedly. Also extremely slow and losing wifi connection. I've tried SMC and NVRAM resets, opening in Safe Mode, updating the OS from 11.5.1 to11.5.2 , running Clean My Mac, OnyX and other system-scrubbing software, all to no avail. Ideas? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 8:22 PM

Bluepearmain Said:

"Macbook pro suddenly crashing: My 2015 15" Macbook Pro is suddenly crashing repeatedly. Also extremely slow and losing wifi connection. I've tried SMC and NVRAM resets, opening in Safe Mode, updating the OS from 11.5.1 to11.5.2 , running Clean My Mac, OnyX and other system-scrubbing software, all to no avail. Ideas? Thanks."

-------

What to Do:

Uninstall this software you speak of, and refer to the following:

Try a New Charger:

If it is charging from an external device, then use a new charger:

A Few Links to Refer to Power:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2021 8:22 PM in response to Bluepearmain

Bluepearmain Said:

"Macbook pro suddenly crashing: My 2015 15" Macbook Pro is suddenly crashing repeatedly. Also extremely slow and losing wifi connection. I've tried SMC and NVRAM resets, opening in Safe Mode, updating the OS from 11.5.1 to11.5.2 , running Clean My Mac, OnyX and other system-scrubbing software, all to no avail. Ideas? Thanks."

-------

What to Do:

Uninstall this software you speak of, and refer to the following:

Try a New Charger:

If it is charging from an external device, then use a new charger:

A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Aug 13, 2021 8:02 PM in response to Bluepearmain

First uninstall CMM by following the developer's instructions. Anti-virus apps, cleaning apps, and third party security software are not needed on a Mac and usually cause more problems than they solve plus they impact system performance. CMM is notorious for causing problems. These Apple forums are filled with posts about CMM causing all sorts of problems.

To look for software issues run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

Run the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

Run Disk Utility First Aid on the hidden Container. Even if First Aid shows everything is "Ok" click "Show Details" and manually scroll back through the report to see if any unfixed errors are listed. If there are any unfixed errors listed, then you will need to erase the whole physical drive and restore from a backup or clone. In order to see the hidden Container you will need to click "View" within Disk Utility and select "Show All Devices" so that the hidden Container appears on the left pane of Disk Utility.

Disconnect all external devices in case one of them is causing a problem.

Macbook pro suddenly crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.