Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing Garage band Jam Packs into OS 11.5.1 Big Sur

I’m desperately trying to access sound files from my backed up installers with Big Sur OS 11.5.1 and I’m not having any luck working around the incompatibility issue. Can anyone help me?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 1:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 3:50 AM

Some of the Jam Pack installers are using still old PowerPC code and cannot run on Big Sur. I took the easy way out and purchased MainStage from the App Store. It includes all five Jam Packs and installs them in the same location as needed for Logic Pro X and GarageBand. MainStage is cheaper than a single JamPack, so it is quite a bargain.

Or, if you still have a Time Machine backup of your Mac from before the upgrade, with all Jam Packs installed, you could simply restore them from your backup.

The instruments are installed in /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library

and the loops in /Library/Audio/Apple Loops

Try to restore these folders from your backup.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2021 3:50 AM in response to B_Mcgeezy

Some of the Jam Pack installers are using still old PowerPC code and cannot run on Big Sur. I took the easy way out and purchased MainStage from the App Store. It includes all five Jam Packs and installs them in the same location as needed for Logic Pro X and GarageBand. MainStage is cheaper than a single JamPack, so it is quite a bargain.

Or, if you still have a Time Machine backup of your Mac from before the upgrade, with all Jam Packs installed, you could simply restore them from your backup.

The instruments are installed in /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library

and the loops in /Library/Audio/Apple Loops

Try to restore these folders from your backup.

Installing Garage band Jam Packs into OS 11.5.1 Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.