Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When viewing a photo in iMessage, Preview won't close...

Hi everyone,

This has happened more than a few times for me and it's a little frustrating. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and apologize in advance, but here goes. When an iPhone user sends me a photo in iMessage and I click on it to expand it, Preview opens and I can see a larger image. When I go to close that image, I get a error beep sound and nothing happens. I can't close Preview. I've had to try different ways to get it to close.

Just recently, I dragged the image to the left of the screen to get it to my Desktop and was able to close Preview there but, that's not always the case. What's the best way to get Preview to close when I expand an image in iMessage?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 2:33 AM

When you double-click an image in Messages, it shows you in Quicklook. Just press the space bar to dismiss.

It will only open in Preview if you click "Open in Preview" at the top right corner.

1 reply

When viewing a photo in iMessage, Preview won't close...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.