Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good Morning

My iPad is not syncing contacts with my iPhone. I completely erased and reinstalled from latest iCloud backup but contacts are missing?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 8:39 AM

If you were syncing Contacts with iCloud, the contacts aren't included in a backup. Have you gone to iCloud.com/Contacts to see if the contacts are there?

For the syncing problem, try going to iCloud.com using a browser to see if the items are there and which device they are from. That should show which device  isn't syncing. On the device that isn't syncing, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and disable syncing. After a couple of minutes, turn syncing on. Allow time for the sync to complete. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

See the Apple Support article below. 

Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Get help using iCloud.  

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2021 8:39 AM in response to Nini3113

If you were syncing Contacts with iCloud, the contacts aren't included in a backup. Have you gone to iCloud.com/Contacts to see if the contacts are there?

For the syncing problem, try going to iCloud.com using a browser to see if the items are there and which device they are from. That should show which device  isn't syncing. On the device that isn't syncing, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and disable syncing. After a couple of minutes, turn syncing on. Allow time for the sync to complete. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

See the Apple Support article below. 

Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Get help using iCloud.  

Good Morning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.