Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Fitness app is not updating in my Apple Watch

Hi so I got my Apple Watch about 5 days ago and over the last 2 days it has stopped updating my fitness app, all it shows for my friends is 0%. I will unpair the watch and repair it and it will update for maybe an hour but then it will just stay at their last number when I repaired it. I have also tried making sure both devices are up to date and I have tried restarting both devices as well. I’m not sure what else to do to. Any suggestions would be appreciated

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 1:41 PM

I can confirm this. It has been going on for 5 months for me. Multiple support people - I think I've been through 5 on my ticket - diagnostics and logs captured, shared with engineers. Apple acknowledges a problem, no indication or promise if it will be fixed.

What you might see:

• Apple Watch is paired properly, Fitness is recorded and shows on the phone in Activity for several days ... and then, one day, randomly, it just stops showing the activity in Activity on the phone. It just stops. The watch is still properly paired
  • restarting the phone and watch at this point DO NOTHING
  • You know you have the problem if you go into the Watch app on the phone, choose General - Software Update or General - Usage - and it times out. Yet, the Watch is still showing as properly Bluetooth paired

The ONLY way out of this is to reset / unpair your watch and pair it again.

I am MASSIVELY disappointed with Apple's support on this issue since it has been going on since March. I've alerted them with detailed screen shots, logs, phone calls, diagnostic reports. And still, no timeline.

For now, don't rely on the watch for Fitness tracken. It's awfully broken.

(If there is any Apple lurker who gives a s*** and the poor quality response, I have a case number.l

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2021 1:41 PM in response to DenRosen

I can confirm this. It has been going on for 5 months for me. Multiple support people - I think I've been through 5 on my ticket - diagnostics and logs captured, shared with engineers. Apple acknowledges a problem, no indication or promise if it will be fixed.

What you might see:

• Apple Watch is paired properly, Fitness is recorded and shows on the phone in Activity for several days ... and then, one day, randomly, it just stops showing the activity in Activity on the phone. It just stops. The watch is still properly paired
  • restarting the phone and watch at this point DO NOTHING
  • You know you have the problem if you go into the Watch app on the phone, choose General - Software Update or General - Usage - and it times out. Yet, the Watch is still showing as properly Bluetooth paired

The ONLY way out of this is to reset / unpair your watch and pair it again.

I am MASSIVELY disappointed with Apple's support on this issue since it has been going on since March. I've alerted them with detailed screen shots, logs, phone calls, diagnostic reports. And still, no timeline.

For now, don't rely on the watch for Fitness tracken. It's awfully broken.

(If there is any Apple lurker who gives a s*** and the poor quality response, I have a case number.l

Aug 14, 2021 5:17 PM in response to Blueleaderrex

If it is a new watch, it comes with a 90 warranty that includes Apple Support and can be returned within 14 days for any reason:

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

"If you purchased your item from Apple in the U.S., you can take it to any U.S. Apple Store for an exchange. Item exchanges are, of course, subject to in-store product availability. It's a good idea to check if a product is in stock by visiting apple.com and then seeing if it's available for pickup at a store nearby."

Aug 14, 2021 5:23 PM in response to Blueleaderrex

I doubt a hardware issue would cause that type of behavior you can contact Apple support for a diagnostic run on the watch and also when you set up the watch from the unpaid are you restoring from a backup or setting up as new? If you are restoring from a backup I would most definitely attempt to set up as new and see if issues persist.

Set up your Apple Watch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204505

Contact Apple for support and service - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

Aug 17, 2021 7:29 AM in response to Blueleaderrex

I believe I'm having a similar issue, see my screenshot below. Is this the same as your problem? It started just a few days ago and I cannot figure it out. I've tried un-pairing the watch, signing out of iCloud on my iPhone, as well as resetting both iPhone & Apple Watch as new devices. I guess the next step is heading in for Genius Support. So frustrating.

My Fitness app is not updating in my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.