Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mcbook air- some photos cannot be removed

hi, I have a Mcbook air 2017. The problem is the storage is running low, and when I try to clear the clutter it shows me that I have 7 gb of photos, whereas I have all my photos stored on the iCloud Drive, and I have also optimised the Mac storage to use I cloud photos only. This is the case with only a part of my photos, some photos cannot be removed even though they are on my iCloud.

Please can anyone suggest anything?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 4:06 PM

Although the photos are being stored on iCloud - reduced file size of each photo is also stored on the computer. iCloud is really only a Conduit to have files available to other devices connected to your Apple ID Account. Changes on one device is reflected on all other devices. iCloud is not like an External Drive and used for only Storage.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2021 4:06 PM in response to khajotia

Although the photos are being stored on iCloud - reduced file size of each photo is also stored on the computer. iCloud is really only a Conduit to have files available to other devices connected to your Apple ID Account. Changes on one device is reflected on all other devices. iCloud is not like an External Drive and used for only Storage.

Mcbook air- some photos cannot be removed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.