Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I logged in to get my one year free Apple TV subscription but it’s not showing that I already have a free trial, it’s asking me to sign up for a 7 day trial

I signed up for one year free subscription for Apple TV + but its not showing that I have a free subscription, its asking me to start a free 7 day free trial.

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 2:12 PM

To get an extended free trial period for Apple TV+, you have to

• not claimed this offer before,
  • purchase your new device from Apple or an Apple Authorized reseller,
  • claim the offer on your new eligible device, not on a different device,
  • redeem the offer within 3 months of activating your new eligible device.
  • For devices activated (first use) after July 1st, the offer period is shorter.
  • The offer is for the first user (by Apple ID) of the device.

If you have been subscribed (payed) to Apple TV+ before, then the automated redeem method may not work for you. Then contact the Apple Support staff to see about your options.

Read here how to redeem: Apple TV+ offer - Apple

Read here about the conditions: Apple TV+ offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

Read here if you have trouble redeeming: If you can't redeem your promotional trial of Apple TV+ - Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 2:12 PM in response to Cywnbr1

To get an extended free trial period for Apple TV+, you have to

• not claimed this offer before,
  • purchase your new device from Apple or an Apple Authorized reseller,
  • claim the offer on your new eligible device, not on a different device,
  • redeem the offer within 3 months of activating your new eligible device.
  • For devices activated (first use) after July 1st, the offer period is shorter.
  • The offer is for the first user (by Apple ID) of the device.

If you have been subscribed (payed) to Apple TV+ before, then the automated redeem method may not work for you. Then contact the Apple Support staff to see about your options.

Read here how to redeem: Apple TV+ offer - Apple

Read here about the conditions: Apple TV+ offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

Read here if you have trouble redeeming: If you can't redeem your promotional trial of Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Sep 20, 2021 3:22 AM in response to Richp702

I signed up on my computer, but can't get it for more than the 7 day free trial on my tv through my Roku. My account on my computer says I have it subscribed through my roku. How to get it on my tv?

On Roku or smart TV, users should sign in to the TV app, through the in-app Settings (sprockets wheel icon) with the Apple ID account that has the subscription. Then the subscription will be recognized by the app.

I got a free offer for 1 year Apple+ through netflix.

I think you might be mistaken. I don’t think Netflix has promotions for other streaming services.

Aug 23, 2021 3:15 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Hi,

I'm the same issue. I can confirm:

• I've not claimed this offer before,
  • I did purchase the new device from Apple or an Apple Authorized reseller,
  • I am trying to claim the offer on your new eligible device, not on a different device,
  • I am attempting to redeem the offer within 3 months of activating your new eligible device.
  • I am the first user of the device.

What can I do? I can't seem to find any way of just emailing support to look at this.

I logged in to get my one year free Apple TV subscription but it’s not showing that I already have a free trial, it’s asking me to sign up for a 7 day trial

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.