Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud photos have been disabled.

I am getting the message that my icloud photos have been disabled. how do I reverse this?

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 9:51 PM

Mark Broadhead Said:

"icloud photos have been disabled.: I am getting the message that my icloud photos have been disabled. how do I reverse this?"

-------

Where do you See this Message?:

Please provide a screenshot of the message. You wouldn't get a pop message saying that it's been disabled.

What to Try:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos (so that it is green in-color)

Why Accounts Become Disabled:

When your iTunes Account has been disabled, and that often happens due to suspicious activity --- Perhaps nothing on your part. They disable it for no more than Security & Privacy concerns.

Possible Reasons Could Include: 

• Too many unsuccessful login attempts
  • VPN (Virtual Private Network) usage
  • Consistent transactions
  • Session Times Out
  • Disobeying Terms & Conditions

So...

To Re-Enable it:

As you might suspect, no one here would know the reason for this occurrence, of course. So, contact Apple Support. They’ll know why this occurred and will run you right through the fix.

Contact Apple Support:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 9:51 PM in response to Mark Broadhead

Mark Broadhead Said:

"icloud photos have been disabled.: I am getting the message that my icloud photos have been disabled. how do I reverse this?"

-------

Where do you See this Message?:

Please provide a screenshot of the message. You wouldn't get a pop message saying that it's been disabled.

What to Try:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos (so that it is green in-color)

Why Accounts Become Disabled:

When your iTunes Account has been disabled, and that often happens due to suspicious activity --- Perhaps nothing on your part. They disable it for no more than Security & Privacy concerns.

Possible Reasons Could Include: 

• Too many unsuccessful login attempts
  • VPN (Virtual Private Network) usage
  • Consistent transactions
  • Session Times Out
  • Disobeying Terms & Conditions

So...

To Re-Enable it:

As you might suspect, no one here would know the reason for this occurrence, of course. So, contact Apple Support. They’ll know why this occurred and will run you right through the fix.

Contact Apple Support:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Aug 15, 2021 11:02 PM in response to Mark Broadhead

iCloud Photos has been disabled on all your devices and new photos and videos are no longer uploading to iCloud. There are currently 65 photos and 0 videos in your iCloud Photos Original format, full resolution versions of your photos and videos are not stored on your devices. You must download your full resolution photos and videos to at least one device before they are deleted from iCloud Photos in 30 days. To download your photos and videos to an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 8 or later: 1.Connect to a power source and Wi-Fi. 2.Go to settings, tap on your account, tap iCloud, and then select Photos. 3.Tap Download and Keep Originals. If your library exceeds the storage space available on your device, you can download your photos and videos to your Mac or PC from iCloud.com. If you do not want iCloud Photos turned off, you can turn it right back on your iOS device: 1. Go to Settings and tap iCloud. 2. Select Storage and tap Manage Storage. 3. Select iCloud Photos and Undo Delete. 

icloud photos have been disabled.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.