Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reachable at

Im trying to delete some old email addresses associated with my iCloud account -- I'm using a gmail account for this -- but when ever I go to the appleid webpage it does not give me the option to delete other reachable at email addresses nor can I do it from my system preferences on my Mac because they are grayed out. I also tried signing out of all machines that were using my iCloud Id and still nothing. what can I do??

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 12:35 PM

I can sign into iCloud.com using my @iCloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com aliases. For signing in, those addresses are the same as using the actual Apple ID address.

If I am understanding the 2nd part, since the aliases are on the gmail Apple ID as Reachable At, the code being sent to the gmail ID also includes the aliases for the account.

If you remembered/used your current password and can sign in, that cancels the iforgot my password process.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2021 12:35 PM in response to Oshane_d

I can sign into iCloud.com using my @iCloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com aliases. For signing in, those addresses are the same as using the actual Apple ID address.

If I am understanding the 2nd part, since the aliases are on the gmail Apple ID as Reachable At, the code being sent to the gmail ID also includes the aliases for the account.

If you remembered/used your current password and can sign in, that cancels the iforgot my password process.

Aug 16, 2021 10:04 PM in response to Eric Root

ok cool but here's the thing I shouldn't be able to use those addresses to log into iCloud but I can. I was trying to do the whole forgot my password thing and it sent a verification code to my current mobile number which was never added to any of my old apple iCloud accounts only my gmail one. So after it did that I tried my current password just out of curiosity and it worked.... Im pretty sure that not supposed to happen.

Reachable at

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.