Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2019 13-inch black screen stuck at login.

My MacBook Pro is suffering from a black screen. I have tried and tested all the methods that support has listed several times and found no success. The country I live in most likely doesn’t have a official Apple store.

The touchpad haptics are working but the keyboard and touchbar aren’t responsive. The touchpad haptic only goes to the first stage press, not the second. I cannot hear a chime of any sort but I can hear the static through my headphones when they are plugged in, and when I turn the MacBook on and off. I’ve tested it on an external display to no avail, I’m not sure if you have to get past the login or not. I have tried entering my login details with different methods, including plugging in an external keyboard. All the peripherals I’ve tested with are working because I tested them afterwards on separate devices. I’ve tried it plugged and unplugged. I also had external plastic cases fitted on the bottom and the top.

Prior to this I was converting FLAC files into ALAC, and moving them across external SSDs and the laptop did heat up quite a bit. I restarted the laptop, afterwards I shut down the laptop, after this it has died. It had around 15% battery before I shut it down and did my work without it being plugged in. I have not been rough with it and it is usually sitting around all day.

holding down the power button I can hear the laptop shut down and feel the haptic feedback go dead but it immediately restarts afterwards regardless of whether I’ve pressed anything.

Right now I’m charging it in hopes that it will boot up properly, but I am a bit disappointed to see it compare so poorly to a cheap acer laptop that is half its price, used more often, and 4 years older.

(note: I haven’t taken this laptop to anytime of maintenance while I have owned it, it was a gift from my parents and I don’t have the original box, just the laptop and the charger).

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 6:47 AM

Solved: apparently leaving it charged was the right thing to do. This has never happened to me before and the screen was pitch black. I left it charged and closed for around 30 minutes.

Similar questions

2 replies

MacBook Pro 2019 13-inch black screen stuck at login.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.