Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMovie full screen playback no titles

My software is up to date. On playback for iMovie full screen mode titles after intro title are just a black screen. All photos and videos display normally.

In edit mode playback, the titles also display as configured.

Does anyone know why?

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 8:59 AM

I did a test and could not replicate what you describe. All the titles played fine on full screen playback.

Possibly a corrupt preference is causing the problem Try deleting preferences and see if that fixes it. To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2021 8:59 AM in response to livnnnyc

I did a test and could not replicate what you describe. All the titles played fine on full screen playback.

Possibly a corrupt preference is causing the problem Try deleting preferences and see if that fixes it. To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

IMovie full screen playback no titles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.