Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up phone with broken screen.

My screen is completely destroyed and I cannot see anything. Is there any way I can back up my my phone without having to see the screen?

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 8:28 AM

Short of getting the iPhone repaired, no. If there’s an iCloud backup configured and running, that might capture the current contents if enough of the iPhone is still working, but you likely don’t have that iCloud backup configured as you’d probably be asking how to restore that and not this question. Backups need to happen before the damage or loss or theft or failure or corruption.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2021 8:28 AM in response to giavanna244

Short of getting the iPhone repaired, no. If there’s an iCloud backup configured and running, that might capture the current contents if enough of the iPhone is still working, but you likely don’t have that iCloud backup configured as you’d probably be asking how to restore that and not this question. Backups need to happen before the damage or loss or theft or failure or corruption.

Backing up phone with broken screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.