Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my old iPhone versus new one

I purchased a new iPhone 12 Max and didn't know my iCloud name or password, so I set one up on my new phone.

I then went to transfer all the data, photos, contacts, etc. from old iPhone to new one and only the photos on my MacBook pro were transferred. No contact, no notes, no emails, etc.

When I went in to the old phone to sync the new email (to my new phone), it won't allow me to transfer b/c it says that the iCloud address is 'already in use' (obviously with my new phone).

I want my iCloud (apple id) to be the same on all my devices, but it won't allow me to do so.

Signed,

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 9:38 AM

You should be able to log out of the new Apple ID on your new iPhone, and then, log back in with your old ID. You should now be able to transfer all of your iCloud data with that account.

After doing so, and you will no longer need to use your old phone, you can still continue to use your old ID with the new phone. Note that any purchases you made cannot be transferred between IDs ... even if you "own" both IDs.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2021 9:38 AM in response to sandrafrost

You should be able to log out of the new Apple ID on your new iPhone, and then, log back in with your old ID. You should now be able to transfer all of your iCloud data with that account.

After doing so, and you will no longer need to use your old phone, you can still continue to use your old ID with the new phone. Note that any purchases you made cannot be transferred between IDs ... even if you "own" both IDs.

my old iPhone versus new one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.