Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do when my phone number expire?

My phone number will expire in 5 days, i reinserted the sim card but i still get the same message, what to do?

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 3:43 AM

You will obviously need a new SIM with a new number but before it expires do three important things

1. Got into Settings, Messages and turn off iMessage
  2. Go into Settings, FaceTime and turn off Face Time
  3. Go to Appleid.apple.com and add the new phone number as another trusted number before you lost access to the old one. This is very important if you have no other trusted Apple devices. Add your family member's phone number too just in case. This lets you receive the 2 factor auth codes.

Set up the new SIM in the phone soon after you have done these things.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2021 3:43 AM in response to iveta104

You will obviously need a new SIM with a new number but before it expires do three important things

1. Got into Settings, Messages and turn off iMessage
  2. Go into Settings, FaceTime and turn off Face Time
  3. Go to Appleid.apple.com and add the new phone number as another trusted number before you lost access to the old one. This is very important if you have no other trusted Apple devices. Add your family member's phone number too just in case. This lets you receive the 2 factor auth codes.

Set up the new SIM in the phone soon after you have done these things.

What to do when my phone number expire?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.