Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple keyboard accessory error

I bought the Apple keyboard accessory and used it with no problem. With the recent IOS versions, the iPad says it does not recognize the accessory and becomes totally non- responsive, until i detach the fold up keyboard.

this is a nuisance as the fold up keyboard also is a stand.

i tolerated this thinking Apple will fix the software as surely U should be aware of this by now.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 10:46 AM

See >>> If you see an ‘Accessory may not be supported’ alert - Apple Support

If you are using a Smart (folio) keyboard, the alert is typical of a faulty folio keyboard. The electrical connections that pass though the flexible fabric hinges typically fracture - this usually resulting in errors and/or the on-screen notification that you see. 

The Smart folio keyboard itself is not repairable. The only remedy is replacement of the keyboard.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2021 10:46 AM in response to nt288iphone

See >>> If you see an ‘Accessory may not be supported’ alert - Apple Support

If you are using a Smart (folio) keyboard, the alert is typical of a faulty folio keyboard. The electrical connections that pass though the flexible fabric hinges typically fracture - this usually resulting in errors and/or the on-screen notification that you see. 

The Smart folio keyboard itself is not repairable. The only remedy is replacement of the keyboard.

Apple keyboard accessory error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.