Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot share Photos through iCloud

I am trying to share Photos albums through iCloud but:

• Invitations are not sent or are sent randomly (some times it works, most of the times it does not.
  • I have two devices connected with the same appleid, some albums shared by friends are available in one device and not in the other, some are available in both (as it should be...)
  • Everything is so slow (like populating a shared album)

Anything I could do to improve that?

Thanks a lot!

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 9:51 AM

See the articles My Photo Stream and Shared Albums limits - Apple Support

How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

If Shared Albums aren't working - Apple Support

High network speed is essential to share albums , make sure don't add massive photos in albums .

3 replies

Aug 18, 2021 9:30 AM in response to PPKDAG

For me sharing has been an issue for a looong time. I seem to recall it working well when first introduced. I've never had issues with invitations being sent to folks. Or devices synching through iCloud. But, populating albums, uploading to cloud, and receiving images takes a long time. I'm not sure what happens behind the scenes but it's become somewhat impractical.

The only thing I've found that improves "speed" is:

Creating a shared album

adding photos (wait for the "upload" to complete if necessary)

sending invites

Then I typically add some other random image. Wait to see it upload and in the album, and then remove it from the share. For whatever reason, that almost always kickstarts a full download/upload of the shared album

I'd encourage feedback at https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos/

Cannot share Photos through iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.