Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos - shared albums

I received an invitation to access a shared album but when I click Subscribe, I get a message saying "Shared albums are not available". I have set up my preferences within Photos to accept Shared Albums but it still doesn't work.

Posted on May 31, 2022 12:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 1:10 AM

Which system version is installed on your Mac? On older system versions you may need to enable Shared albums also in the System Preferences > iCloud > Photos, not only in Photos > Preferences.

You may also try to restart your Mac, after you enabled shared albums in the Photos > Preferences > iCloud.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 1:10 AM in response to mettita

Which system version is installed on your Mac? On older system versions you may need to enable Shared albums also in the System Preferences > iCloud > Photos, not only in Photos > Preferences.

You may also try to restart your Mac, after you enabled shared albums in the Photos > Preferences > iCloud.

iCloud Photos - shared albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.