Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech Mouse Wheel stops working

Hi,

I have a Mac Mini M1 and use a Logitech MX Master 3. So far so good... the issue is that the mouse wheel stops working after about 30 minutes or so unless I restart. This repeats over and over again, also a software update didnt help. Do you guys have any idea how to solve that?

Thank you

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 2:09 PM

Hello all. Are you using the Logitech Options software? I also use the MX Master and had odd behaviors. When I downloaded and updated Logitech Options, it resolved them.

My issues included the scroll wheel failing to scroll and secondary buttons failing to work.

When installing, it may require you to give access to Options in Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility. Checking on that alone, might help resolve issues.

Information here: https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/options

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2021 2:09 PM in response to Valtyr

Hello all. Are you using the Logitech Options software? I also use the MX Master and had odd behaviors. When I downloaded and updated Logitech Options, it resolved them.

My issues included the scroll wheel failing to scroll and secondary buttons failing to work.

When installing, it may require you to give access to Options in Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility. Checking on that alone, might help resolve issues.

Information here: https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/options

Aug 19, 2021 8:50 AM in response to Valtyr

Hello, Valtyr! Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

We've reviewed your question and it looks like you’re running into some unexpected behavior with your mouse. It's understandable that you'd want this resolved, so allow us to assist with that. Let’s start out by testing to see when this behavior occurs. 

First, put your Mac into safe mode and test. Booting into safe mode will disable any startup and login items from automatically opening, which can help us to isolate the source of the issue further. When you do this, you’ll see some unusual behavior from the display; this is to be expected. Please follow the steps in this article: How to use safe mode on your Mac. 

Next, let's see if this behavior persists in a second user account on your Mac. If you have a second account, please log into that and see how it works. If you don't have one you can use, please follow these steps to make a test account that can be deleted later: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

Please let us know how these tests go. We're here for you. Have a fantastic day!

Logitech Mouse Wheel stops working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.