Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open Disk Utility

Macbook Pro 2020. Icon on desktop - Disk Utility - Will not open. It says - You do not have permission to open the application "Disk Utility". So I've gone to Get Info and at the bottom Sharing & Permissions. My name is set to Read & Write as well as admin - read and write.

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 12:32 PM

I would just delete that Desktop version.

If you want access to Disk Utility via the Desktop you can always make an "alias" (control-click on Disk Utility and select "Make Alias"). The resulting file - which is just a pointer to the real Disk Utility in the Utilities folder - can be dragged to the Desktop.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2021 12:32 PM in response to KobyLouis

I would just delete that Desktop version.

If you want access to Disk Utility via the Desktop you can always make an "alias" (control-click on Disk Utility and select "Make Alias"). The resulting file - which is just a pointer to the real Disk Utility in the Utilities folder - can be dragged to the Desktop.

Open Disk Utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.