Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard recall not applicable per Apple for purchase of 2 MacBook pro in 2016

Why is Apple charging me ( I'm in my 80's) $1500 to replace keyboard that was a recall. I only found out by my browsing. I purchased 2 Macbook Pros the same day and both have the same problem. Purchased 12/4/2016. I had a 3 year warranty and should have been notified of this.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 12:43 PM

We’re other users, like you. What Apple told you about this and why and how, what the history of these two Macs might be, we just don’t know.

Here is the keyboard recall program: Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Per the above link: If you believe your Mac notebook was affected by this issue, and you paid to have your keyboard repaired, you can contact Apple about a refund.

Apple also indicates: The program covers eligible MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2021 12:43 PM in response to crowley7

We’re other users, like you. What Apple told you about this and why and how, what the history of these two Macs might be, we just don’t know.

Here is the keyboard recall program: Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Per the above link: If you believe your Mac notebook was affected by this issue, and you paid to have your keyboard repaired, you can contact Apple about a refund.

Apple also indicates: The program covers eligible MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit.

keyboard recall not applicable per Apple for purchase of 2 MacBook pro in 2016

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.