Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my MacBook Pro 2016 keyboard still covered by Apple?

There is a recall on the keyboard of my MacBook Pro 15 inch 2016 the keyboard is failing making it almost impossible to type.

Am I still covered under that recall if so what's the timeframe to repair it if not when was my deadline and how much will a keyboard replacement cost.

Mac serial number C0***TDY

Tim A.

[Edited by Moderator] 

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 17, 2022 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 1:42 PM

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. See the information in Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support including the following:

The program covers eligible MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2022 1:42 PM in response to Timstv

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. See the information in Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support including the following:

The program covers eligible MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit.

Is my MacBook Pro 2016 keyboard still covered by Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.