Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When will you allow Critical Alerts to bypass any app?

I have Ring Doorbell and would like to know when somebody approaches my home at night while I'm on Do Not Disturb. According to Ring, that capability is only available for their ALARM system, not their doorbell. This should be something that is bypassed by iOs instead of relying on the app. This is a function that Android already has.

*This question was asked before and a Apple rep posted instructions for the ALARM system, which was not what the poster wanted.*

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 9:37 PM

stray321 Said:

"When will you allow Critical Alerts to bypass any app?: I have Ring Doorbell and would like to know when somebody approaches my home at night while I'm on Do Not Disturb. According to Ring, that capability is only available for their ALARM system, not their doorbell. This should be something that is bypassed by iOs instead of relying on the app. This is a function that Android already has. *This question was asked before and a Apple rep posted instructions for the ALARM system, which was not what the poster wanted.*"

-------

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this. These are user-to-user forums. No one here has knowledge of what it you to be released. So, let Apple know abouut this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what their customers prefer, and what to include in updates to come.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that you want this to be an option.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2021 9:37 PM in response to stray321

stray321 Said:

"When will you allow Critical Alerts to bypass any app?: I have Ring Doorbell and would like to know when somebody approaches my home at night while I'm on Do Not Disturb. According to Ring, that capability is only available for their ALARM system, not their doorbell. This should be something that is bypassed by iOs instead of relying on the app. This is a function that Android already has. *This question was asked before and a Apple rep posted instructions for the ALARM system, which was not what the poster wanted.*"

-------

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this. These are user-to-user forums. No one here has knowledge of what it you to be released. So, let Apple know abouut this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what their customers prefer, and what to include in updates to come.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that you want this to be an option.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

When will you allow Critical Alerts to bypass any app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.