Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m getting “weak security” message at home internet

I can not resolve the “weak security” issue. Wants me to reconfigure my router. However, nobody else (aka. Droids) is having an issue.

And apparently, all the “TECH SUPPORT” @xfinity/AT&T can’t help me.

UUUUUGGGG!!!!!

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 2:50 AM

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Consider more secure wifi configuration.

Change your router’s WiFi to use WPA2-AES (CCMP) with no WPA or TKIP. Updating this setting ensures that your devices always connect in one encryption mode

1. TKIP is obsolete and not considered secure. Choose WPA2, the latest encryption standard, with AES encryption for optimal security
  2. If your router doesn’t specify TKIP or AES, the WPA2 option probably uses AES

See the pics below

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2021 2:50 AM in response to wintersdragonfly

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Consider more secure wifi configuration.

Change your router’s WiFi to use WPA2-AES (CCMP) with no WPA or TKIP. Updating this setting ensures that your devices always connect in one encryption mode

1. TKIP is obsolete and not considered secure. Choose WPA2, the latest encryption standard, with AES encryption for optimal security
  2. If your router doesn’t specify TKIP or AES, the WPA2 option probably uses AES

See the pics below

I’m getting “weak security” message at home internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.