Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Information window in Finder

I have IOS Catalina 10.15.7 on my MAC. The info that comes up under the selected document is month spelled out, day and time, not year. To see year, I have to narrow the document and then it changes to mm/dd/yy. It's annoying to have to resize. Any way to permanently change to mm/dd/yy for all selected documents?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 1:26 AM

Open System Preferences>Language&Region... at the bottom select the ADVANCED button. Then adjust Dates and times how you want. If you don't like it, click restore. I recommend you watch a tutorial before you tinker with it. You won't break anything but it can be confusing, and once changed it will permsintaly alter finder dates until you reset it. Good luck to you.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2021 1:26 AM in response to uploadstuck

Open System Preferences>Language&Region... at the bottom select the ADVANCED button. Then adjust Dates and times how you want. If you don't like it, click restore. I recommend you watch a tutorial before you tinker with it. You won't break anything but it can be confusing, and once changed it will permsintaly alter finder dates until you reset it. Good luck to you.

Information window in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.