Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder "Date Added" Question

So I know when you select the "Date Added" or "Date Created" from the selector in Finder (circled in red in screenshot). That is separates documents based on Yesterday, Previous 7 days, Previous 30 Days, then the months and ultimately the years. This is cool. But the problem is. Within those categories, Finder does not maintain the categorization you have set it to be (Date created or Date Added). Finder puts the documents within "Previous 30 Days" or "February" or "2021" in regular old alphabetical order.

Which is counterproductive because I want to see the documents, all that I made in 2021 in the order that I made them.

Is there an additional setting I can enable so that Finder operates in this way? If so please let me know. Any suggests on how to achieve this would be much appreciated.

If it is unclear what I am asking, let me know and I can upload a quick video, where I show what I mean within finder.

I have a...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

1 TB SSD

OSX Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287)

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 10:53 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 30, 2022 4:09 PM in response to D.I. Johnson

Oh wow, List View does display it correctly! Thanks! I usually go for "columns" over "list" because you just get more information. You seem to get the same display as list view but with the added benefit of seeing the folder pathways that the documents are inside of, and so on.

Is there anyway to get "columns" to perform in the way I described in my initial post?

Finder "Date Added" Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.