Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I still use the forward and backward buttons when single song repeat is on like on iOS? On Mac and PC it just restarts the current song.

If I select a track from a playlist or album and set it to single song repeat I can still navigate the playlist/album with the forward and backward buttons.

However if I try the same on Mac or iTunes on PC it just restarts the same song. I can't go to the next or previous songs.

It also fills the "play next" section with that one song but deleting it doesn't help.

It makes controlled navigation very annoying.

Is there a setting for this behavior because it works just fine with iOS/iPadOS?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 8:23 AM

You should be able to explicitly choose another track to play on repeat even if you cannot step through them. It is not entirely surprising to see an inconsistency between iOS and iTunes/Music, 'twas ever thus. Use Feedback - Apple Music - Apple to share your thoughts with Apple.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

How can I still use the forward and backward buttons when single song repeat is on like on iOS? On Mac and PC it just restarts the current song.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.