Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I undo an action in photo editor on ipad pro?

I am using the edit function in photos on my iPad Pro 2021, but the undo function is missing. How do I undo an action without having to start at the beginning by clicking ‘cancel’?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 2:45 PM

Hi SHollidayH, there aren't separate toggle switches for the effects buttons on iPad, the buttons themselves are toggles. Tap on, tap off, tap on, etc. For instance, in this screenshot the buttons are all on with various levels of adjustment:

In this screenshot I toggled them all off by tapping them individually:

In this screenshot I've toggled some of the buttons back on by tapping them individually:

iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPadOS 14.7.1

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2021 2:45 PM in response to SHollidayH

Hi SHollidayH, there aren't separate toggle switches for the effects buttons on iPad, the buttons themselves are toggles. Tap on, tap off, tap on, etc. For instance, in this screenshot the buttons are all on with various levels of adjustment:

In this screenshot I toggled them all off by tapping them individually:

In this screenshot I've toggled some of the buttons back on by tapping them individually:

iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPadOS 14.7.1

Aug 20, 2021 10:05 PM in response to SHollidayH

Each editing effect button is either on or off, either the effect is applied or not applied. Each time you tap it toggles between one of those two states. When on the button is light; when off it is dark. You immediately see the result on the photo. So when an editing effect button is off that is the equivalent of Undo, but only for that effect. At any time you can turn it on and change the level of effect by using the adjustment slider. When you save the edits by tapping Done, only those effects with buttons that are on are applied and saved. It's a brilliant design solution because it means you aren't tied to the sequential linearity of one Undo button for all edits.

Aug 21, 2021 9:12 AM in response to Roote

Thanks for your response, Roote. Unfortunately, I don’t have toggles that turn dark or light and the editing switches aren’t turned off or on. I think I’ve learned, though, that the dot stays in the original place as you slide the slider. On my Mac, there is a little undo switch at the top of each tool - so if I adjust brilliance and don’t like it, I can undo. However, on the iPad, it looks like to undo I just slide back to the dot.

How do I undo an action in photo editor on ipad pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.