Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Scam

Hello,

My iPhone 11 pro was recently stolen. I locked the device through Find My iPhone and today received a message saying that it was located. The message was obviously fake and not from Apple and I changed my Apple ID password. Could anyone advise me on what further steps I should take to possibly help find my device.

Thanks

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 11:36 AM

This is a scam. Apple will never send you an SMS message regarding a lost or stolen device.

It is likely the person that has found your phone has decided to text you in order to gain your iCloud credentials.

Recognise and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls and other scams – Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2021 11:36 AM in response to MacOS9

This is a scam. Apple will never send you an SMS message regarding a lost or stolen device.

It is likely the person that has found your phone has decided to text you in order to gain your iCloud credentials.

Recognise and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls and other scams – Apple Support

Apple ID Scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.