Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi on apple tvs

I am trying to connect to wifi on my apple tv and its says that I am attempting to join a network that requires me to install a profile on my apple tv. What do I need to install to be able to connect to this internet?

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 2:34 PM

Apple TV is intended to connect to a home network, that only requires a Wi-Fi password. Networks with user identification (captive network portal: username + password) are not supported. An exception is possible using a device profile, where username + password are pre-programmed into the device settings. This is a semi-permanent solution intended for enterprise and educational uses, as any changes require a new profile. To install such a profile, using the Configurator Mac app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2021 2:34 PM in response to marnie262

Apple TV is intended to connect to a home network, that only requires a Wi-Fi password. Networks with user identification (captive network portal: username + password) are not supported. An exception is possible using a device profile, where username + password are pre-programmed into the device settings. This is a semi-permanent solution intended for enterprise and educational uses, as any changes require a new profile. To install such a profile, using the Configurator Mac app.

wifi on apple tvs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.