Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Out of box damaged iPad Pro

Hello,

Today I have purchased a brand new iPad Pro 12.9 inch (5th generation) at the Mall of America Apple store in Minneapolis. Once I got home and opened the box, I have noticed a small dent and a scuff on the side of the iPad aluminum body. Also, the battery was completely drained out, which was unusual. Usually, all my previously purchased Apple devices had enough battery levels to start and complete device activation and set up. Should I be able to return the device and exchange it for the new one, even though I did not purchase AppleCare+? I am planning on returning tomorrow to the Apple store and ask for an exchange.

Kind regards

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 8:41 PM

vlajkoivkovic Said:

"Out of box damaged iPad Pro: Once I got home and opened the box, I have noticed a small dent and a scuff on the side of the iPad aluminum body.[...] Should I be able to return the device and exchange it for the new one, even though I did not purchase AppleCare+? I am planning on returning tomorrow to the Apple store and ask for an exchange."

-------

Return This:

This seems to be a faulty device. So, take it back to the store. If you still need one, then request a swapout.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2021 8:41 PM in response to vlajkoivkovic

vlajkoivkovic Said:

"Out of box damaged iPad Pro: Once I got home and opened the box, I have noticed a small dent and a scuff on the side of the iPad aluminum body.[...] Should I be able to return the device and exchange it for the new one, even though I did not purchase AppleCare+? I am planning on returning tomorrow to the Apple store and ask for an exchange."

-------

Return This:

This seems to be a faulty device. So, take it back to the store. If you still need one, then request a swapout.

Out of box damaged iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.