Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stylus for Ipad 3rd generation?

I actually wanted to use a stylus for my Ipad 3rd generation and I searched on the internet multiple times but couldn't find a decent pen that works with this specific ipad.

Is there any available option for this ipad with palm rejection? I would not want to use a glove for it and I want a decent stylus pen that works well for note-taking and drawing and does not lag and is with palm rejection

Please suggest me a stylus pen. TIA

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 4:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 4:51 AM

Sorry if I was not clear but I know that "Apple" Pencil is not compatible which is why I was asking for any third party stylus pens which could work with my Ipad. If you know of any, please do suggest.

5 replies

Aug 21, 2021 4:58 AM in response to prakashkhatri

No idea about that.

You can search for it among Internet e-commerce websites, but be careful: the manufacturer of that pencil should state that its pencil is fully compatible with your iPad model and its current not updatable iOS version 9.3.5 (so that if you have any issue you can return it and get a refund).

To be frank, I doubt you can find that accessory for your iPad which was released in 2012, but you can try.

Regards and best of luck.

Giulio

Aug 21, 2021 8:03 AM in response to prakashkhatri

There is no Apple-like, smart Bluetooth stylii available for an over 9-year old 2012 iPad 3rd generation.

That stated, there are plenty of commonplace, find anywhere, capacitive stylii that pretty much still work like using your finger.

The better of the commonplace, find anywhere capacitive stylii are clear disc stylii that allow you to see the exact area the stylus will mark at.

These are very good for precision sketching/drawing and writing and are much better than the fat squishy tip type of commonplace capacitive stylii.

The only drawback is you must keep the disc tip of the stylus and your tablet free of dirt and grit to avoid scratching the tablet screen.

They won't have any pressure sensitivity or palm rejection, but they are stylii made to work with touch screens.

If you want a fine-point stylus, there are plenty of rechargeable battery powered, so-called “Active” fine point, capacitive stylii on the market.

These use a tiny battery to send small electrical impulses to a fine tip point of the stylus that simulates a finger touch.

Lots of these available to use with that old iPad.

Look to Amazon for these.

Tap my link below.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=fine+point+battery+powered+capacitive+stylii&ref=nb_sb_noss

Same previous precautions, I mentioned apply.

These types of stylii work with any tablet or smart phone.

To combat the NO palm rejection issue with such capacitive stylii, you can use special, non-body electrical conducting, lycra-based material drawing glove that works by isolating your hand/palm and allow you to lay your hand/palm on the screen as you draw in these non-compatible Adonit stylus apps.

Something like these found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/AKX-Rejection-Drawing-Graphic-Sketching/dp/B08R6PWKC9/ref=sr_1_33_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=tablet+drawing+gloves&qid=1611535160&sr=8-33-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMFg5WFBZWFpCS1kmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5OTA2MzMxRUVYUURUMlAwVU4wJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxNDY1NjMxVjg1NE45TVRXSUQ3JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmX25leHQmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

https://www.amazon.com/Timebetter-Rejection-Drawing-Sketching-Suitable/dp/B08DKGHYMS/ref=sr_1_21?dchild=1&keywords=drawing+gloves&qid=1611533128&sr=8-21

Many more makers of these types of gloves found on Amazon and in different hand sizes, as well!

Good Luck!

Stylus for Ipad 3rd generation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.