Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

view options in preview

When opening a 2-page pdf in Preview, if it's set to "2 page view", only the first page shows, and the page needs to be turned to show the next page. Wouldn't it make more sense if I choose "2 pages" in the view menu, that it would show both pages? Is there a way to make this the default, and why would it be otherwise?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 5:59 AM

5 replies

Aug 21, 2021 6:46 AM in response to Barney-15E

Ok, but I’d like for 2-page pdfs to show both pages when I open them. This seems like a pretty obvious setting that would be what you’d get when setting the view to “2 page”. Is there a way to make it work like this? I’m a musician, and almost all my scores are formatted to be 2 pages. I’d like to not have to turn pages when reading from the computer (this is exactly why all the scores are formatted to 2 pages).

Aug 21, 2021 8:23 AM in response to user3212

There was no snark or question categorization intended with my post. I don't have time for that extra mental baggage.

If you want the Preview product team to know that the existing two-page up view isn't helpful, send them feedback via the macOS feedback. They aren't reading these posts, so will never know real two-up pagination is needed unless they are informed.

Aug 21, 2021 7:09 AM in response to VikingOSX

So that’s why I asked the question; to find out if there’s a setting that can be changed to make it work the way I want. Thanks for answering the question I was asking, even if the snark was unnecessary and misplaced. Just saying "Preview can't do that" would have been a really good answer. There was no need to try to make me feel like it was a stupid question; it wasn't.

view options in preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.