Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dead ipad

My iPad 7th gen will no longer turn on and does not show up in iTunes. I have used an original apple cable and I've charged the battery overnight but my iPad is unresponsive to anything including the power/home buttons. I've tried resetting it by holding the power and home buttons but no response. This exact same issue happened with my 3rd gen iPad many years ago. I'm certain it is a hardware issue but what part would I need to replace?

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 11:55 AM

When you state that the battery was charged overnight, then are you certain that the battery was charging at all? I am asking because you would need the screen to be ON and display the charging status. If you were unable to determine whether the battery was actually charging then it may be a failed charging port or even the battery itself. The rest of the electronics are fully integrated with the logic board.

My point is that is very difficult to diagnose and identify the failed component at home. I recommend that you have your iPad examined at the Apple Store for further diagnosis and resolution.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2021 11:55 AM in response to Rafael0422

When you state that the battery was charged overnight, then are you certain that the battery was charging at all? I am asking because you would need the screen to be ON and display the charging status. If you were unable to determine whether the battery was actually charging then it may be a failed charging port or even the battery itself. The rest of the electronics are fully integrated with the logic board.

My point is that is very difficult to diagnose and identify the failed component at home. I recommend that you have your iPad examined at the Apple Store for further diagnosis and resolution.

Axel F.

dead ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.