Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad pro is dead

My ipad pro is completely dead. I followed all the advice online: hard restart by taping the up then down volume button and long press the on/off button, charging for almost 24 hours, and even clicking the on/off button multiple times to see if there is a problem with it. None of it works. Hard restart does not show the apple logo and i cannot get the device to enter recovery mode. no charge icon also shows up whenever I plug it to a power source and itunes cannot recognize it either. please help

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 10:02 AM

Reading the basic troubleshooting steps you already performed (to no avail), it might be a hardware (battery? charging port? other internal component?) failure but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 10:02 AM in response to whitespecter

Reading the basic troubleshooting steps you already performed (to no avail), it might be a hardware (battery? charging port? other internal component?) failure but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Ipad pro is dead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.