Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating EPUB for Apple Books

I read some responses about problems with uploading a book because it says there is an image with an image that is larger than 4,000,000 pixels. I checked all my images, and there is nothing that big. I also read responses suggesting I change the extension to .zip and then unzip and look at the size of all the images. None are that large.

I also read about how large rectangles in InDesign are converted to huge PNG files. I don't have any large rectangles.

What I do have are lots of tables and small rectangles created with InDesign (not imported from Illustrator or Photoshop.) None of these are large files. Are they somehow converting to large files in the ebook?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 1:13 PM

I'm using InDesign.

I actually tried some of the answers on this forum and found that it worked when I followed the advice of choonhtan

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251492039

I found that Apple converted my cover page, which had a blue rectangle, to a large png file. I made my own png file and put it there instead, and it seems to have worked.

Thanks choonhtan!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2021 1:13 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

I'm using InDesign.

I actually tried some of the answers on this forum and found that it worked when I followed the advice of choonhtan

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251492039

I found that Apple converted my cover page, which had a blue rectangle, to a large png file. I made my own png file and put it there instead, and it seems to have worked.

Thanks choonhtan!

Creating EPUB for Apple Books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.