Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is iTunes trying to verify the identity of a server I've never heard of?

I signed into my (Windows) desktop at home, that had been sitting locked & unused for several hours, to see this message (the server was something like "frogmusic.com", or something else with frog in the name and a '.com' TLD) on the screen. I had left iTunes open when I'd locked the computer, but I had only been listening to songs on the PC's drive, so as far as I know iTunes should not have been trying to connect to any server.

Should I be worried about this? And if so, what should I do about it?

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 5:09 PM

2 replies

Aug 22, 2021 3:18 AM in response to turingtest2

That seems pretty likely, I had a fair number of older podcast subcriptions. Thanks!

Yeah, I usually write it down or get a screen cap when I see an error message for the first time. Not sure why I closed it before thinking of that the other night. It was just the phrase in the title and the URL I only half-remember, though ("iTunes cannot verify the identity of the server '[domain goes here]'").

Why is iTunes trying to verify the identity of a server I've never heard of?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.