Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix/Prime Video on Apple TV 4K 2021 with Sony XE8005 (2017)

Dear Apple community,

I recently bought an Apple TV 4K (2021) and use it on my Sony Bravia XE8005 (2017 model). My TV is 4K HDR compatible and I use a HDMI 2.1 cable (8K HDMI 8K 60Hz 4K 120Hz HDR10 48Gbps eARC Dolby Vision UHD HDCP2.2 3D HDMI) to connect it to my Apple TV.

I am more than pleased with the smoothness, however, when configurating the screen options and turning it to HDR, I found some issues whilst streaming Netflix/Prime Video.

Whenever I hover a preview inside Netflix or Prime Video and/or click "Play Episode", my screen turns off an on, twice, showing the TV interface with "HDMI 2" (Apple TV port) and its resolution.

It goes from the new brightness/settings of my Apple TV to my native TV resolution for 1 or 2 seconds, then turns off again and goes back to the Apple TV screen settings.

It's like it's trying to match the native screen settings of my TV to the ones I configurated on the Apple TV. It takes a good 5 seconds before the screen turns back on and goes back to the Apple TV settings.

After that, I see a picture but no sound for 3 more seconds. When I leave Netflix or close an episode, it repeats the same "showing TV HDMI inteface" (as can be seen from the attachments) and closes it.

It's kind of annoying in my daily use and I was wondering if there was an option I forgot to tick on or off, or what could be the issue.

Thank you for helping me out!

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 10:18 AM

There are settings to match dynamic range and frame rate, if you don't want there to be adjustments you can make sure those are turned off

About frame rate and dynamic range matching on Apple TV - Apple Support (CA)

Similar questions

1 reply

Netflix/Prime Video on Apple TV 4K 2021 with Sony XE8005 (2017)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.