Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant get season 2 of Ted Lasso to play on my roku. I get a message that says “Video not available” i get the same on some episodes of the morning show. I have reset the roku and the apple tv app

What do i need to do to get apple tv shows to play correctly on the apple tv app on my roku?

Apple TV

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 6:12 PM

3 replies

Aug 23, 2021 12:23 PM in response to cclark713

Hey there, cclark713

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! If we understand correctly, you are running into issues when you try to play videos in the Apple TV app on your Roku. We can understand wanting to find out why. We will do all we can to help get you pointed in the right direction.

To verify, what model of Roku are you using? Have you verified it is a compatible device with the Apple TV app? Have you tried to remove the Apple TV channel from your Roku and adding it back on? For more information on these steps, check out this link: How do I use the Apple TV channel on my Roku® streaming device? 

There's also some information in the Roku Community that is related to the issue. Here's a link to the article we're referring to Apple TV+ Videos Not Available.

We hope this information helps you out.

Best wishes!

Aug 31, 2021 3:17 PM in response to cclark713

I start to view multiple episodes of a show and after the first two episodes I get an error signal trying to watch episode three. I have tried logging out and logging back in that does not help. I have rebooted my Internet I have checked all my connections everything seems to be working fine but I still get an error signal and I cannot access episode three on multiple shows.

I access the Apple app through my Roku device.

Aug 31, 2021 6:59 PM in response to barberlives123

This is an Apple TV app issue, not a Roku issue. My Roku Premiere is compatible with the app. I can play Ted Lasso, but no other Apple TV shows. I can play Apple original movies, but not TV shows. If I use my iPhone or iPad, AirPlay will work for a few seconds, then crash. The iPhone and iPad will show an error “this video is not configured for your device” (or something close to that), and the Roku screen will show an Airplay error that says I need to be connected to the same network. I am.

This is a problem with the Apple TV app.

I cant get season 2 of Ted Lasso to play on my roku. I get a message that says “Video not available” i get the same on some episodes of the morning show. I have reset the roku and the apple tv app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.