Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie cropping audio

Hi, I'm trying to transfer an old short film (from about 2000) from an old digital 8 camera, but when I transfer it to iMovie, it breaks it up into shots, and all the clips have the audio cut-off at the head, not much but enough to make the dialogue in comprehensible. I originally edited it on an ancient version of iMovie - the original is lost, but I transferred the completed/edited film back to the camera. It plays perfectly on the camera, but the overlayed audio gets cut up and pieces missing when I do the transfer to iMovie. Is there a reason this is happening and a way around it?

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 10:33 PM

Importing into iMovie 10 from digital tape is problematical. No guarantee that it will work. You probably would have better luck importing into a pre-iMovie 10 version.

You might consider importing into QuickTimePlayer. That would result in one long movie without breaks. The sound may work better as well.

— Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2021 10:33 PM in response to Simon Harry

Importing into iMovie 10 from digital tape is problematical. No guarantee that it will work. You probably would have better luck importing into a pre-iMovie 10 version.

You might consider importing into QuickTimePlayer. That would result in one long movie without breaks. The sound may work better as well.

— Rich

iMovie cropping audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.