Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dragging and dropping multi page PDF into to apple notes.

I'm having an issue where, PDFs from my college that are more than one page, when dragged and dropped into the Apple notes application on iPad Pro, it only shows the first page. I've discovered I can compress the PDF file into a zip file and then drag and Drop it into Apple notes which preserves all of the pages. But if I just drag and drop a PDF file without compressing it it has the benefit of showing the image of the entire page but it only shows the first page. Is there anyway to get it to show multiple pages? I have tried saving pages individually and dragging and dropping but it doesn't work.

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 7:05 AM

Did you try opening the PDF?

Method one: tap the PDF preview page to open the PDF.

Method two: above the notes list tap the More (•••) icon. Tap View Attachments to see document and other attachment thumbnails. Tap the thumbnail of the PDF to open.

The PDF will open with the sidebar of page thumbnails. Tap the page to dismiss it. Tap the page again to bring it back into view. Slide your finger along the sidebar for quick page navigation, or tap a specific thumbnail to go to that page. The pages in the page view are continuous; scroll up or down to go to the next page. If you have multiple PDFs in the note, you can view a list of them to quickly navigate to one of them by opening the list view. Tap the More icon to the right of Done at the top of the screen to open the list. When finished viewing a PDF, with the sidebar open, tap Done to return to the preview page.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2021 7:05 AM in response to Benjamin_Joseph_Onelove

Did you try opening the PDF?

Method one: tap the PDF preview page to open the PDF.

Method two: above the notes list tap the More (•••) icon. Tap View Attachments to see document and other attachment thumbnails. Tap the thumbnail of the PDF to open.

The PDF will open with the sidebar of page thumbnails. Tap the page to dismiss it. Tap the page again to bring it back into view. Slide your finger along the sidebar for quick page navigation, or tap a specific thumbnail to go to that page. The pages in the page view are continuous; scroll up or down to go to the next page. If you have multiple PDFs in the note, you can view a list of them to quickly navigate to one of them by opening the list view. Tap the More icon to the right of Done at the top of the screen to open the list. When finished viewing a PDF, with the sidebar open, tap Done to return to the preview page.

Dragging and dropping multi page PDF into to apple notes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.